Lodge: Paloma Real
The best pigeon shooting Cordoba has to offer. Decoyed and passing pigeon in the most exclusive accommodation. The ranch is located in central Argentina in the province of Cordoba, 50 miles (80 km) south of Cordoba City’s international airport. Driving time: 50 minutes.
- Getting to Paloma Real lodge is easy. The ranch is located in centralá Argentina in the province of Cordoba, 50 miles (80 km) south of Cordoba City’s international airport. Driving time: 50 minutes.
- The best way to reach Cordoba from the US is going through Santiago, Chile with connecting flights to Cordoba City. There are also flights through Lima, Peru.
- Arriving at Cordoba’s International airport (either from the US or Europe) will allow you to be pigeon shooting that same day since the lodge is not far from the airport.
- Guests can also fly to Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires, then transfer to the domestic airport and take the hour flight to Córdoba.
- Cordoba is considered the pigeon shooting capital of the world. The 40 square mile radius (70 km) around the lodge is annually inhabited by over 6 million pigeons. The lodge features 40 shooting fields, which are within a 30 or 40-minute drive through rolling hills.
- Like pigeons worldwide, they offer fast and challenging shooting – the difference here is their monumental number. On a typical day, guests will shoot from 100 to 150 challenging pigeons.
- We meet in the morning for a delicious breakfast at 7:30 AM.
- After a short drive of 30 or 40 minutes, you will arrive in the shoot where you will be assigned a bird-boy. He will assist you with shells and drinks and anything you may need and one of our professional guides will be around ready to help you too.
- We take a break at midday to enjoy a wonderful lunch in the field: an incredible barbeque with the famous Argentine beef.
- Afternoon begins at around 2 or 2:30 hs., and continues until almost dark.
- When the shooting day is over, you will continue with cocktails and an early dinner at the lodge.
- The shooting fields are carefully rotated and rested to assure maximum bird number. This is part of our Game Management Program, which allows for a successful big-bag shooting season all year round.
- Capacity: 8 shooters in 4 double en-suite bedrooms (small surcharge for single room)
- All the amenities, including gun cleaning room and a comprehensive bar with the best Argentine wines
- International cuisine at the lodge and Argentine beef and traditional asados (BBQ) in the field
Hight Quality Services
• Professional shooting guides
• Bird-boys in the field and gun cleaning
• Maid and laundry service
• Shotguns available to rent (semiautomatic, 20 gauge Super 90 Benelli and over & under guns.)
• Comfortable 4WD tracks and modern vans
• Customized tours for shopping or visiting local historical places
Species & Season
These birds are large but fast and offer challenging shooting. They work excellently with decoys, which are strategically deployed around the blinds, at a suitable distance. We ensure one freshly built blind for each shooter.
Like pigeons in general, its flight is fast, high, and direct. The fields in Cordoba area are the natural environment for a huge amount of Pigeons. The population of Pigeons is estimated to be more than 6 millions, making Cordoba the wing shooting paradise.
Pigeon shooting is available all year round in Cordoba.